Wednesday, February 24, 2010

TOYOTA

So, today I was watching the congressional inquiry of Toyota on CNN.  I could not help but think that this is the first time the US government would be able to "stick-it" to the foreign auto makers.  Is it justified, revenge or jealousy.  Don't get me wrong, I am as patriotic as the next man.  But why didn't our government do a congressional inquiry with US auto maker (before we gave them billions of dollars in tax-payers money) for the following reason:
  1. Not making gas efficient cars.
  2. Not making emission free or low emission cars.
  3. Not making cars the average person in the US or other countries would want.
  4. Not making cars that last longer than 5 years. 
The Toyota recall on the brake system is indeed serious.  If they 100% for sure knew about the danger and did nothing, they most definitely need to be punished.  This is recall is only the 5th worst recall in US history.  The other 4 were US made cars.  In which thousands of lives have been taken.  This Toyota recall has taken 35 lives.  Taking 1 life is 1 life too many.  When I say taking of a life I mean, the fault was a malfunction of the car not the driver.

There was a time when Ford and Chevy were the most popular cars....what happened?

I travel quite extensively and no matter what country I visit I NEVER see US made cars.  But I see plenty of the following:

So the real question is, "what are these auto maker doing that consumers what their cars in countries all over the world?"  What ever it is, we need to do the same and maybe once again US made cars will be in demand again.

Which car do you drive and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment