Tuesday, February 23, 2010

GAY TV - THE "LOGO" CHANNEL

Yesterday was a really bad day for me (evidence - yesterday's blog posting).  As I was having my "pity-party" in bed all day Sunday I ran across the gay tv network "Logo".  First of all what type of name is "Logo".  Why not call it "GTV" (gay tv).  I have attempted to watch the "Logo" Channel in the past.  But, there is NEVER anything worth watching.  I watch a lot of the "Discovery", "HGTV" and "History" channel. 

Speaking of "HGTV", I highly recommend :
 1.  Color Splash - David Bromstad is HOT.
2.  Outdoor Living - Jamie Durie - hot assuie guy.  I am a sucker for an accent.
3.  Divine Design - Candance Olson - this lady has a great sense of humor and great taste in design.

Anyway I digressed (HGTV is on while I am typing up my blog).  Back to "Logo".

Again, I have really tried to support the "Logo" Channel but am bored to death with their selection of movies and shows  The Program Director needs to be fired.?  Did anyone poll gay people to ask what would we like to see on our station?

The big attraction on "Logo" now is RuPaul's Drag Race.  I remember when the first season was aired I thought "there is no way anyone is going to watch this".  To my surprise the show was a major success.  All of my gay and straight friends watched the show.  So, I tuned in and was able to see all of the first season during one of their marathons.  So, now I am watching the second season.  I came out in the DC/VA area and one of my good friend is from the South.  Then I lived in NYC.  Anyway, my point is, "In the South and on the East Coast, they always have a drag shows".  So, going out partying when I came out in the 80's always involved seeing a drag show.
 

I think that once "the powers that be" over at "Logo" realize that their gay audience deserves/require quality tv, they will improve their choice in movies and shows.....I hope....please!

2 comments:

  1. Been following your blog for a while. Regarding TV: We get more of what we watch, look at the proliferation of reality shows? Until LGBT people start watching the hidden gems on Logo we'll keep getting RuPaul style shows.

    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading and I agree. Since the channel has only been in existence for what 3-4 years it is still in it's developmental stage.

    ReplyDelete