Monday, February 8, 2010

RACISM OR RACIAL SEXUAL PREFERENCE





If you are attracted to ONLY your own ethnicity (I hate the word race – in my mind there is only one race – The Human Race) and not others, does that make you a racist? 
First let’s look at the definition according to Webster:
Racism:  1. A belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one’s own race is superior and has the right to rule others.    2.  Hated or intolerance of another race.
I have a large circle of friends/associates and I am the ONLY one in that circle that is completely open to all ethnicities.  I am honestly and truly attracted to Blacks, Asians, Whites, Latinos and others.  

 Asian






Latino






White






Black








Other










I do understand that a lot of times attraction is subconscious.  But in some circumstances I believe there is a motive. 

Example:     When I lived in San Francisco I briefly date a Korean Guy.  We had many conversation about how some (no….most) Asians ONLY date White guys.  We were both confused by this epidemic LOL.  After traveling to Hong Kong, Tokyo and Singapore I came back to the USA with a newfound observation.  A lot of Asian men date ONLY White because they are seeking financial security and acceptance.  And unfortunately the ONLY picture of financial security and acceptance is thru the White tourist or via the media.  Usually the big America dreams centers around being wealthy.  And the only vision of wealth that is available to them is thru White tourist.  This is just my observation.
There are other times when I hear the term “opposites attract”.  

          Example:     I have a White friend that only dates Black men.  I instantly thought, “Ok, he is  
          looking for the biggest, blackest dick he can find”.  But in reality he is a top but he is only  
          attracted to very dark and very African features.  He loves the total opposite of himself (his 
          White skin next to dark skin – his straight next to curly hair – his light against dark eyes).  
          I found that very fascinating.
Now the issue that I find really offensive and insulting is when a guy says or writes in let’s say a website profile:  “No Blacks or Asians” or “No Mexicans”.  I understand we all like what we like (motive or not) BUT it still does not mean you have to lack sensitivity or tact.  Doesn’t it sound/read better to write:  “White guy seeking same” or “GWM only”.  And the same for Black men, it sounds better to write: “Black men seeking same” instead of “No Whites”.  I will always remember the time I approached this guy and he said to me, “sorry not into black men or whatever you are”.  I do not think it is ever necessary to be that tactless.  I think the proper response is “Thank you for the compliment” or “Sorry not interested”.  But to tell the guy why you are not interested is downright mean. 
I think it is best to not say what ethnicity you are into and just go after what you want or wait for it to come to you.  When I read a profile that reads “No Black or Asians”.  I think, “Do you dislike Asians and Blacks that much that you have to write it in your profile”.  Once when I was visiting a friend in DC (he is White, blonde hair and blue eyes – the perfect A&F model type) we went out clubbing in DuPont Circle.  A hot Black guy tried to talk to him, my friend only dates White guys with dark hair more of the Italian look, and anyway, my friend very politely had a brief conversation with the guy.  He never said or let-on that he is not into Black men.  We use to be roommate so I know for a fact he is not a racist.  He just likes what he likes. My friend was totally nice and actually flattered by the whole situation.
Honestly I still at my age (42) find it strange/interesting when a guy is one ethnicity and he is not attracted to his own ethnicity.  To me, HOT is HOT, SEXY is SEXY.  To me it is like dogs, a dog is a dog.  And there are many breeds.  But, I would think a Poodle would be attracted to another Poodle more than it would be attracted to a Pit Bull (don’t laugh, it is the first analogy that came to my mind).

 Poodle











Pitt Bull










If you like one ethnicity over another based on some type of socio-economic scale or negative stereotypes, I am going to venture and say..... you are a racist.  
If you only like your own ethnicity and it is strictly about physical attraction....... you are not a racist.   
If you like a particular ethnicity base on some type of stereotype…..stay tuned for another blog on the subject called “Sexual Fetish or Objectification”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment