Wednesday, March 3, 2010

THE GYM

All my life I have been fit.  I was the type that could eat anything and everything and not gain one pound.  Everyone would always say "Once you turn 30, it will all catch up to you".  I was 5' 9" , 145lbs and a 29 inch waist.  Now that I am 42, I am 5' 9" and 160 with a 31 inch waist, so I am still in good shape.



Because of some recent dramas in my life I have not been motivated to go to the gym.  I started going to the gym regularly in 2000 and pretty much went Monday - Friday.  So, last week I started back to the gym.

I normally go to 24 Hour Fitness because the one close to me is new (only 5 years old).  The facility is very clean, large and seem to have a clientele that is there to workout and not socialize.
But for a change of scenery I decided to Ballys Total Fitness.

I did my routine but I noticed a few thing that got my attention.  So it lead me to this blog entry.
  • Why do people rest forever in between their reps?  Do the damn thing and get off it and move on.
  • I have 2 words.......Germs and Sweat.  Where the fuck in your towel man?  Wipe off the equipment before and after you use it.
  • Why is it that the guy making the most grunt noises is lifting weights way too heavy and his form and body is just wrong. Then throws down the weights.
  • Why is there always that one person listening to their iPod and singing out loud.
  • Why is there always someone not working out but sitting on the equipment and talking on the phone.
  • Why is there always a group of guys or girls that are working out together but spend more time talking then working out?  
  • Why is it that the Personal Trainers don't look any more fit than the average person.  Now if the Personal Trainers at my gym looked like these guys, I would be at the guy 7 days at week.

Now the most funny/exciting part is the locker room.
  • Why are the old and fat men walking around naked.  I wonder what do they see when they look in the mirror.
  •  The hot guy you want to see get naked of course is wrapped in a towel from head to toe.

If I did not have to deal with the stuff listed above I could be in and out the gym in about 45 minutes.

At the end of the day, I guess I have to deal with it because it is vital that I remain healthy.

1 comment: