Tuesday, March 2, 2010

AMERICAN IDOL

The new season of American Idol has started.  I normally only watch the auditions and when they get to the last 2 standing.

I mixed emotions about the show because this is their 9th or 10th season and they have produced any super stars.  I have yet to be impressed by any of the talent on the show. 

They have produced about 4 -5 artist in which I enjoy their music.  Such as:



Kelly Clarkson - She won the 1st year and has a great voice















Chris Daughtry - He did not win.  Has a very soulful rock and roll type of voice.  Plus he is sexy.

















Carrie Underwood - I am not a big fan of country music.  Some of it is cool.  And her music is one that is cool.

Fantasia - The only time I ran across a name like Fantasia it was a drag queen LOL.  During the show I was not a fan and she won.  It was not until I was NYC and I saw her in "The Color Purple" that I became a fan.  But I still did not buy any of her music.  I went to a party in Wash DC and I ended up going to a Fantasia concert.  SHE WAS FUCKING AMAZING and I have been a fan every since.

 
Adam Lambert - He was the runner up last season.  This guy has amazing voice.  I hoped he planned on bringing glam-rock back on the scene.  Thus far from his performance on the Grammys, I am not impressed so the verdict is still out.   I recommend that he concentrate on singer instead of shocking.


This season Paul Abdul's contract was not renewed.  I honestly miss her crazy, wacky critics of the talent.  Because I live in LA I see celebrities all the time.  I saw Paula at Sherman Oaks Galleria (she was standing right next to me at the valet parking lot).  She is a little tiny woman about 4' 11" and 90 lbs.  She was very friendly.

So now we have Ellen.  I think Ellen is very funny.  But I think she is the wrong choice for the show.  I think it is best to have a panel of people who are experts in music (song writers, producers, vocal coaches, singers). 

 

Simon Simon Simon, this guy is blunt, direct and 9 times out of 10 correct in his opinion.  Sadly, Simon has decided to move on and this is his last season with the show.

This show has a lot of viewership (which mean more money more money) but I think this should be the last year.

2 comments:

  1. Why is it I really, really like Lee Dewyze???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I so agree with everything you said. I am not a Fantasia fan...except I have some remixes of her single "It's All Good."

    Ellen should NOT be a judge. I do love her and her show.

    And this year's talent is lacking.

    ReplyDelete