Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sex Clubs vs. On-line Hook Ups





Picture this, it is 1986.  I remember a time when no one had a home personal computer.  When HIV arrived on the scene most cities closed down all their sex club/bath houses.  A lot of guys were still deep in the closet.  So, most guys meet in gay clubs for sex.  It was very normal to have your name and number pre-written on a piece a paper to hand out to a potential fuck buddy.  And it was totally acceptable to meet a guy and bring with home with you that night. 



Now let's jump to 2010, everyone has a computer and even phones that can access the internet.  Most cities have many sex clubs and bath houses (if you don't know the difference....Google it....LOL).  The ignorance and fear of HIV has subsided.  It is not considered abnormal to be gay.

BUT now, "Houston we have a problem", some of us are lacking the social skills to encounter/meet in person.  You can now sit in the safety of your home and ask question and be just a rude are you want to be.  A lot of you know you don't have the balls to say the stuff you state online via Manhunt, Gay.com, BBrts.com and Adam4Adam to a guy's face.  With the help of PhotoShop, a lot of guys have mastered the art of altering their pictures.  The biggest issue for me is the amount of time wasted on-line with a guy who may show up and look like Shrek but his picture is Alex Rodriguez (hey, I can dream).  Or the guy does not show up at all.

A while back I was having dinner with a friend.  He made the statement that going to a sex club or bath house was gross.  I have been to both types of venues and yes something I did see some monsters having sex.  And I have personally had some great times.  So I decided to let my mind go deeper into the topic.  And the results actually shocked me.  I believe sex club/bath houses are a necessity.  Here are my reason why:
  • Not wasting time on the computer and end up with nothing.
  • You see what you want and go after it.
  • No lies or games because you get to see the guy right there on the spot.
  • Do what your need to do and leave.
  • If you live a very busy life and don't have time to date or just don't want to date BUT you want sex, so to your local sex club/bath house.
At the end of the day it is your choice, hookup on-line or go to the sex club.  Does anyone date anymore?  But that is another blog topic.

2 comments:

  1. I so agree! We are so connected yet disconnected at the same time! We need to get out and socialize with other human beings. Sex clubs are great. What you see is what you get, you either like it or you don't. I'm all for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After many years trying I have actually met just one person using web sites.
    I guess I don't know how to sell myself online. Or perhaps I don't seem too attractive on paper (ok, screen). But I still meet people face to face. I like the WYSIWYG aspect of it. No photoshop, no marketing, no lies.

    ReplyDelete